Do you want to positively impact this world? Are you able to explore new markets and define new value propositions? Rival Foods currently has an opening for an enthusiastic lead Business development & partnerships who combines a passion for food, innovation and industry with a commercial drive, international sales ambition and good negotiation skills.
At Rival Foods you have the ability to shape your future. You do this by spotting new opportunities in B2B plant-based protein markets and you are able to transform these opportunities into commercial output and company routines. By combining market insights, strong commercial capabilities and a thorough understanding of Rival Foods’ unique proposition, you engage directly with potential customers. You navigate your way through legal, strategic and commercial departments, ultimately creating added value to Rival Foods and its customers. As lead Business development & partnerships you enjoy kick-starting and accelerating the adoption of Rival Foods’ sustainable solutions in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide, one customer at a time.
- Food, marketing- or business degree from University or similar education.
- Enthusiastic about working with plant-based meat and food in general.
- 2-5 years experience in a business development/commercial role in the food equipment or other industrial sector.
- Strong communicative and analytical skills, good level of confidence, resourceful and enjoy taking initiative.
- A true team-player with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Able to work independently and eager to take on responsibility.
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects and have a strong track record in project management and managing timelines.
- Handle lean and agile environments with a hands-on approach. You love to connect the dots and think 360°.
- Drive core strategic, cross-functional and business-critical projects at lightning speed in the areas of business building, commercialization and scaling.
- Redefine the commercial strategy with the management team.
- Create insights in B2B food equipment and plant-based food markets.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Rival Foods’ technology, products and processes.
- Translate market insights and Rival Foods’ capabilities into viable product-market combinations.
- Scout, approach and convert new opportunities in B2B market segments and establish external partnerships to achieve Rival Foods’ strategic goals.
- Help define the company’s customer propositions together with the management and shape internal processes to fast-track new product development.
- Participate in product evaluation sessions and integrate outcomes in our value proposition.
- Travel to prospects and customers to better understand their needs, and engage in conferences, trade shows and exhibitions to promote Rival Foods.
- Navigate legal, commmercial and strategic quests with prospects and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Develop tools to track and report on commercial progress and other meaningful KPI’s.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals.
- Work on processes and products that make a positive impact on the global food value chain.
- Introduce innovative, game-changing solutions in dynamic plant-based protein markets worldwide.
- Contribute significantly to company growth and industry impact.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Join us on our regular team events (food related and non-food related).
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positivity and great achievements. Our team consists of driven and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) commitment preferred
- We offer market-conform compensation
- Partial remote working possibilities
- Location is in Amersfoort (UT), the Netherlands
Questions? Reach out to Ernst Breel on LinkedIn.
Eager to join Rival Foods after reading this? Apply directly by sending us your motivation for this role and your CV.