As business developer at Rival Foods you want to make a positive impact in this world by promoting unique, culinary plant-based alternatives to animal protein products. Our business developer combines a passion for culinary food, technology and industry with a commercial drive, sales and negotiating skills. As business developer you spot opportunities in the plant-based space and are able to place these in a strategic plan together with the management team. You get potential customers interested in our propositions with your actionable and goal-oriented mindset, ultimately leading to signing on new customers. As business developer you enjoy to kick-start and accellerate the adoption of Rival Foods plant-based culinary products in the Netherlands, Europe and world wide, one customer at a time.
- Marketing- or business degree from University or similar education
- 2-5 years experience in a business development/commercial role
- Strong communicative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good listener
- Excellent understanding of customer needs
- Affinity with food industry
- Interest in plant-based and alternative protein markets
- You define a business development strategy together with the management
- You create insights in the plant-based food landscape.
- You translate consumer insights into product requirements.
- You scout, approach and convert new B2B opportunities in defined market segments
- You travel to prospects and customers to discuss their needs and find common ground with our products and developments
- You help define the company’s customer propositions and go-to-market strategy together with the management
- You participate in product evaluation sessions and integrate outcomes in our value proposition
- You develop The Rival Foods brand with a clear brand positioning and identity.
- You engage in conferences, trade shows and exhibitions to promote Rival Foods and its unique proposition.
- You scout opportunities for new product development.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals
- Work on processes and products that make a positive impact on the food value chain
- Introduce new products in the dynamic plant-based protein market
- Develop your network in the plant-based protein industry
- Contribute significantly to company growth and industry impact
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positive pressure and great achievements. Our team consists of young and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) commitment preferred
- We can offer market-conform compensation
- Office location is in Ede (GLD), the Netherlands