Are you interested in a broad spectrum of technical challenges? And do you feel comfortable designing machine parts and assembling, maintaining and repairing new state-of-the-art machines?
At Rival Foods we create state-of-the-art machines for the production of the next-generation plant-based food products. Rival Foods has its own pilot facility to assemble and test new production machines and its own laboratories where our unique equipment is used to optimize process and formulation of end products. As Engineer, you will be part of the engineering team designing new equipment and you will take on the responsibility for the proper functioning of all on-site pilot equipment, from assembly onwards. Also, you will track down errors, design machine improvements and create software improvements together with our engineering team. Are you ready to change the world for the better, one machine at a time?
- Engineering background (MBO/HBO)
- Interest in mechanics, mechatronics and automation & control
- Good understanding of steel processing and mechanical design
- Basic understanding of electronics and PLC/software programs; and/or
- Basic understanding of electric motors and motor controllers;
- Experienced with CAD design (Solidworks, Inventor, SiemensNX)
- Enjoy varying CAD work with hands-on activities in the workshop and the lab
- Have a well-developed ’technical gut-feeling’ (or two right hands)
- Sharp eye for potential issues or problems with assembly or testing
- Get to design, assemble and work with completely new machines and machine parts
- Assist in starting up our pilot facility
- Create solutions for technical problems in machine assembly, function or maintenance
- Debug machine errors or problems on-site
- Manage all equipment in the pilot facility and the lab
- Develop new tools for research challenges in the lab
- Occasionally visit customer sites to help install equipment
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positive pressure and great achievements. Our team consists of young and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we always make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but not without a solid team!
- Part- or full-time (32-40 hour) commitment preferred
- We offer market-conform compensation
- Location is in Amersfoort (UT), the Netherlands
Questions? Reach out to Ernst Breel on LinkedIn.
Eager to join Rival Foods after reading this? Apply directly by sending us your motivation for this role and your CV.