Do you want to work at the forefront of sustainable protein processing technologies? Are you eager to combine technical design with hands-on prototype machine assembly and testing? Rival Foods currently has a new project for a mechanical engineering student. Rival Foods offers you a high-tech environment, a young and ambitious team and the opportunity to make your mark in the company and in the food industry. Are you up for this sustainable food-tech challenge?
For this graduation project, you will get to work on a new patented technology that will revolutionize the current food industry. You will gain a thorough understanding of the requirements for machine development in high-spec industries like the food industry, gain experience in developing completely new machine concepts, design a prototype machine and, when time allows, have the opportunity to assemble the prototype machine to test key assumptions of your designs. You will have access to the resources from our internal engineering team and external parties where required. If you enjoy learning and working on multiple aspects, from mechanics, mechatronics and electronics to energy systems, then this is the perfect challenge for you!
- Enrolled in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering study (HBO level or similar)
- Interest in working on new (sustainable) technologies.
- Interest in the food equipment or other high-spec industrial sector.
- Able to convert ideas and whiteboard sketches into 3D designs.
- Enjoy assembling and testing a prototype machine.
- Experienced in using CAD software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Strong communicative skills and appreciative of teamwork.
- Able to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills, resourceful and like to take initiative.
- Get a deep-dive in our new technologies.
- Gain a thorough understanding of our processes and the basic physics behind them.
- Create a work plan and define the specifics of your graduation project.
- Define the machine concept and determine conceptual viability.
- Create the detailed design of a prototype machine.
- Design the process and calculate essential energy balances, throughputs, etc.
- Order and assemble the parts for your prototype machine.
- Engage with industry suppliers to find the right stock components.
- Get your hands on creating a basic controller for the mechatronic/electronic components.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals.
- Work on technologies that make a positive impact on the global food value chain.
- Create an entirely new machine prototype.
- Join us on our regular team events (food related and non-food related).
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positivity and great achievements. Our team consists of talented people who want to positively impact our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) graduation project/internship preferred
- 6 to 12 months
- We offer fair internship compensation
- Partial remote working possibilities
- Office location in Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Questions about this position? Reach out to Ernst Breel on LinkedIn.
Eager to join Rival Foods after reading this? Apply directly by sending us your motivation for this role and your CV.