Are you excited to work on completely new food production machines in a young and dynamic team? And are you motivated to positively impact this world? Rival Foods currently has an opening for an enthusiastic Senior Mechanical Engineer who combines a passion for machine design, automation and high-spec food industry with a solid basis in mechanics, control electronics and creative technical problem solving.
At Rival Foods you have the ability to shape your future. You get to work on challenging projects that focus on transforming new technologies into robust and industrial machines and equipment. In combining a thorough understanding of our companies’ goals and the demands of our potential customers, you formulate specifications and requirements, engineer technical concepts together with the engineering team, and design final machine concepts in detail. You are supported by the engineering team and external parties where required. If you enjoy to be involved from the start to the commissioning of new production machines, this is the challenge for you!
- Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering degree from University or HBO education.
- Knowledge of mechanics, mechatronics and electronics and their integration.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role in the food equipment or other industrial sector.
- Experienced in using CAD software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of (stainless) steel manufacturing techniques (milling, turning, welding, etc.).
- Strong communicative and analytical skills, resourceful and like to take initiative.
- Enjoy collaboration in the engineering team.
- Able to organize projects with external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers, customers).
- Able to work independently.
- Able to take on and keep track of multiple engineering projects.
- Create technical specifications for new machines.
- Create conceptual and detailed designs for machines and machine parts.
- Guide the manufacturing of core machine components with specialist suppliers.
- Have analytical skills and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Like a technical challenge where no standard solutions are available.
- Tailor designs to the high-spec requirements for food production equipment.
- Gain a thorough understanding of Rival Foods’ technology, products and processes.
- Participate in finding solutions for problems in the engineering or process teams.
- Occasionally travel to customers to help with commissioning of new equipment.
- Contribute to expanding the companies’ unique knowledge and IP portfolio.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals.
- Work on technologies that positively impact the global food value chain.
- Create entirely new machines and design new processes.
- Contribute significantly to company growth and industry impact.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Join us on our regular team events (food related and non-food related).
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positivity and great achievements. Our team consists of driven and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) commitment preferred
- We offer market-conform compensation
- Partial remote working possibilities
- Location is in Amersfoort (UT), the Netherlands
Questions? Reach out to Ernst Breel on LinkedIn.
Eager to join Rival Foods after reading this? Apply directly by sending us your motivation for this role and your CV.