Rival Foods is a sustainability driven start-up company that develops the next generation 100% plant-based protein foods that can be used in culinary cooking. The type of products that Rival Foods can produce are enabled by a completely new processing technology and are truly next-generation in terms of size, texture, flavor, bite and juiciness.
Rival Foods is now scaling up this new production technology to be able to serve larger food service customers. In this project we have a position available for a process engineer.
Who are we looking for?
Scaling up a completely new production process is a challenging matter involving many different phases: from concept to calculations and simulation to realization. For this graduation project you will work on the initial concept phase of our new process development project.
In collaboration with our engineers you will define process requirements, identify critical parameters, calculate boundary conditions, initiate the development of various concepts for the production process, identify process risks and simulate the process conditions (based on a semi-solid with varying temperatures and pressures). This will lead to a conclusion that allows Rival Foods to select a winning concept, which will be engineered in detail and ultimately a prototype installation will be realized and tested.
- You are enrolled at a university level engineering program
- You have knowledge of simulation of fluid flow and heat exchange processes
- You are a specialist and enjoy to apply your knowledge in a broader context
- You can approach problems in an analytical manner
- You enjoy finding the optimal solution in a multi-parameter case
- You enjoy working in a motivated and ambitious team
Your position at Rival Foods
- You work closely together with our engineering team
- You will develop a new production process for sustainable food production
- Your creative skill set result in the conception of various process concepts
- You can develop your engineering and entrepreneurial skills in a pioneering environment
- You will work on developing a completely new process
- You enjoy having a significant impact with your work
- You will work in a young and ambitious team
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positive pressure and great achievements. Our team consists of young and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but not without a solid team!
- Internships or graduation theses can commence all year round.
- Typical internship compensation is available
- Location is in Ede (GLD), the Netherlands