At Rival Foods, we aim to revolutionize the plant-based meat alternatives market by introducing plant-based whole-cut products produced with our unique, in-house developed process technologies. Our ambition is to deliver real alternatives for animal-derived products, entirely made out of plants that consumers love to eat over and over again. To create more of these innovative products, we are looking for Senior Product Developer with a passion for the protein transition. You will lead a talented and professional product development team, drive the product development roadmap, work together with the management team on strategic challenges and become the driving force for realizing product innovations.
At Rival Foods you have the ability to shape your future. You do this by transforming new product opportunities into category-winning product concepts by spotting new opportunities in B2B plant-based protein markets. You are able to transform opportunities into real product concepts. As Sr. Product Developer, you lead our product development team and create category winning plant-based products together that deliver true impact for our customers and the plant-based movement in many geographical markets.
- Food-related degree from university or similar education.
- 5-10 years experience in a product development role in the plant-based space or experience in flavor and food structure development in food industry.
- Strong communicative and analytical skills, resourceful and like to take initiative.
- Able to work on detailed products and formulations, and on a strategic level.
- Love to transform high uncertainty/variability challenges into step-by-step goal-achievement approaches.
- A team-player with team-leading, management or coaching experience.
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects and have a strong track record in project management and managing timelines.
- Handle lean and agile environments with a hands-on approach and you love to come up with creative solutions.
- Create extraordinary food products by applying rapid prototyping and optimizing feedback cycles.
- Guide the product development team with your natural leadership skills. You maximize the strengths of each team member.
- Participate in product evaluation sessions and integrate outcomes in our value proposition.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback from customers and translate them in directed product development processes to constantly improve our products.
- Translate market insights and Rival Foods’ capabilities into viable product-market combinations.
- Connect with ingredient suppliers to optimize ingredients and product formulations.
- Help define the company’s customer propositions together with the management team and shape internal processes to fast-track new product development.
- Work on specific technical challenges to develop unique products using our in-house technologies and processes.
- Contribute to the company’s assets by delivering input for intellectual property development and strategic product development directions.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company.
- Get freedom to shape your own growth path and career at Rival Foods and the plant-based space.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals.
- Work on processes and products that make a positive impact on the global food value chain.
- Introduce innovative game-changing products in dynamic plant-based protein markets worldwide.
- Contribute significantly to company growth and industry impact.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Join us on our regular team events (food related and non-food related)
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positivity and great achievements. Our team consists of driven and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) commitment preferred
- We offer market-conform compensation
- Partial remote working possibilities
- Location is in Amersfoort (UT), The Netherlands
Questions? Reach out to Ernst Breel on LinkedIn.
Eager to join Rival Foods after reading this? Apply directly by sending us your motivation for this role and your CV.