At Rival Foods, we aim to revolutionize the plant-based meat alternatives market by introducing world’s first plant-based whole-cut products produced with our unique, in-house developed process technologies. Our ambition is to deliver real alternatives for animal-derived products entirely made out of plants that consumer love and enjoy eating over-and-over again. To create more of these innovative products, we look for a mission aligned Sr. Product Developer. You will lead a talented and professional product development team, drive the product development roadmap, work together with the management team on strategic challenges and become the driving force for making product innovations a reality.
At Rival Foods you have the ability to shape your future. You do this by transforming new product opportunities into category-winning product concepts spotting new opportunities in B2B plant-based protein markets and are able to transform opportunities into real product concepts. As Sr. Product Developer you enable our product development team and together create category winning plant-based products that deliver true impact for our customers and the plant-based movement in many geographical markets.
- Food-related degree from university or similar education.
- 5-10 years experience in a product development role in the plant-based space or experience in flavor and food structure development in food industry.
- Strong communicative and analytical skills, resourceful and like to take initiative.
- Ability to work at detailed product/formulation but also strategic level.
- Love to transform high uncertainty/variability challenges to step-by-step goal achievement approaches.
- A team-player with team-leading, management or coaching experience.
- Able to manage and organize multiple projects and have a strong track record in project management and managing timelines.
- Handle lean and agile environments with a hands-on approach and you love to come up with creative solutions.
- Create extraordinary food products by applying rapid prototyping and optimizing feedback cycles.
- Guide the product development team with your natural leadership skills. Maximize the strengths of each team member.
- Participate in product evaluation sessions and integrate outcomes in our value proposition.
- Gather qualitative and quantitative feedback from customers and translate them in directed product development processes to constantly improve our products.
- Translate market insights and Rival Foods’ capabilities into viable product-market combinations.
- Connect with ingredient suppliers to optimize ingredients and product formulations.
- Help define the company’s customer propositions together with the management and shape internal processes to fast-track new product development.
- Work on specific technical challenges on developing unique products using our in-house developed technologies and processes.
- Contribute to the company’s assets by delivering input for intellectual property development and strategic product development directions.
You will get to:
- Work in a dynamic start-up company.
- Get freedom to shape your own growth path and career at Rival and the plant-based space.
- Be part of a young, ambitious team of intrinsically motivated professionals.
- Work on processes and products that make a positive impact on the global food value chain.
- Introduce innovative game-changing products in dynamic plant-based protein markets world-wide.
- Contribute significantly to company growth and industry impact.
- Enjoy 25 days of paid leave per year.
- Join us on our regular team events (food related and non-food related)
Working at Rival Foods
Rival Foods is a young company in a rapid growth phase. This delivers an exciting combination of ambition, positivity and great achievements. Our team consists of driven and ambitious people that want to make a positive impact in our current food system by putting our knowledge and technology to good use. We work hard, the circumstances may not always be optimal, but we make sure to enjoy what we are doing. We believe that our technology can make a difference, but only with a solid team!
- Full-time (40 hour) commitment preferred
- We offer market-conform compensation
- Partial remote working possibilities
- Office locations are in Ede (GLD) or province of Utrecht, the Netherlands